Goals: #Plasticsurgery #BreastReconstruction, #PSTM16
Goals: #PlasticSurgery, #BreastReconstruction, #PSTM16 are what I’ve been rolling over in my mind for the past few days. Tomorrow, September 23, 2016, bright and early as the sun rises I will board a plane to Los Angeles to the largest plastic surgery convention of the year, Plastic Surgery the Meeting 2016, #PSTM16.
My goals for the meeting
- Attend educational events focused on the breast reconstruction aspect of plastic surgery.
- Explore and understand the latest practices and developments in breast reconstruction.
- Engage with vendors to learn about their products.
- Ask these vendors why their product is so important in the breast reconstruction process.
- Catch up on any new legislative news pertaining to #BreastReconstruction.
- Learn as much as I can about tips in networking and Social Media for #BreastReconstruction and #plasticsurgery.
- Report back to patients in blogs about what I have learned at the meeting.
- Meet more board certified ASPS surgeons who are passionate about their profession and helping post-mastectomy patients rebuild their lives.
- Selfies? You bet! I just hope I’ve got enough memory left on my phone!
- Social Media tweets about the meeting? Absolutely! Let’s use those hash tags: #PSTM16, #plasticsurgery, #BreastReconstruction, #FatGrafting, #Implants, DIEPflap and one of my favorites: #BCPEA (Breast Cancer Patient Education Act).
- Look into the eyes of plastic surgeons and tell them with gratitude that their skill and dedication to #BreastReconstruction means more than many of them will ever realize to their patients.
As a two time breast cancer survivor and now patient educator nothing means more to me than moments and memories. So I’ll add to my list of goals a few hugs, high-fives and a ton of smiles!